Mission #7 : 09.17.13
Good Morning Agents!
Our efforts to build a global super-structure that spreads compassion to all people around the planet is working. Good work. Now we must expand our efforts to include all aspects of life within our network.
Severely damaging to the natural balance of life on earth is anything that works in opposition to the way of nature. So delicate is this balance that even small, negative actions can start a downward spiral that could doom life as we know it.
Your mission today, agents, should you choose to accept it, is to increase your understanding of the interrelatedness in nature. As an example, consider how, in the process of gathering nectar from a flower, a bee pollinates the flower. So much does the flower need the bee and the bee need the flower, one could think of them as a single species.
Throughout the day, identify ways in which nature achieves its balance. As your understanding of this increases, so will your appreciation for it. By bedtime, complete a tangible act of appreciation for nature that grew from your increased understanding. Some ideas:
• Find out if there are local community gardens where you can purchase foods.
• Take steps to start your own vegetable garden.
• Do research to find out what species are becoming extinct.
• Go to a shelter for animals and ask how you can help.
• If you eat meat, purchase the meat of animals that were humanely treated.
• Plant a tree.
• Spend quiet time in nature.
• Any other act that you believe will help you understand or support your connectedness with other species on our planet.
For inspiration, read this.
As always, should your actions or those of any of the International Kindness Team be exposed, it will increase the positive ripple effect of creating more kindness in the world. Thus, if time avails, we at IKT HQ implore you to report your activities on the Compassion Map.
Good luck, agents.