It has come to our attention that some of us are vulnerable to a toxin that can undermine our efforts at spreading the compassion antidote. This toxin causes what IKT scientists call “Interruption Obsession Disorder” and distract us from being fully present in our interactions. An important part of spreading the compassion antidote is knowing how to be with others without judgment, fear, or jumping to consider next steps.
So today’s mission, should you choose to accept it, is to practice being fully present in an interaction with a friend. To do this, try to:
- stay centered on your friend
- listen without interrupting
- focus on what your friend is saying, not on what you might say next
- let go of judgments about you, your friend, or others mentioned in the interaction
- ask questions to clarify your understanding
Should your actions or those of any of the International Kindness Team be exposed, it will increase the positive ripple effect of creating more kindness in the world. Thus, we at IKT HQ request that you report your activities on the Compassion Map.
Good luck, agents.